On February 14, 2013, one billion people in 207 countries rose and danced to demand an end to violence against women and girls. The One Billion Rising for Justice Campaign was envisioned collectively by regional coordinators around the world, at a Coordinators’ gathering in New York in April 2013. The focus on justice and the need to educate people to address root causes of Violence against women stemmed from discussions on now it takes different forms globally –sexual, physical, emotional, mental, Economic, political, cultural and social.
One Billion Rising is a event celebrated on 14 th February, when every year Globally Women and Men, young and old Rise to liberate women and girls from Violence and promote love. SAHR WARU celebrates this day with Rallies, Dance, Street Plays with other NGOs.
- It is breaking the silence against violence and is identifying the places where we will rise.
- It is learning about our sisters’ struggles around the world and making them our own.
- With the belief that each one of us in this struggle is on a path of evolution and revolution, wounded, broken, and doing our best.
- Freedom is possible. Unity is Possible. Everything is possible.
- It is a Rising – dissolving borders, edges, separations.
- It is an unstoppable wave of Love, Peace, Equity and Justice.